Friday, March 16, 2012

The Witching Hour for Wind Mobile

Well, good news for WIND in today's Globe and Mail. They'll be allowed to buy spectrum and they'll be allowed to grow and have foreign ownership.

Theoretically this is a win for customers. I, being one. However, as it goes, even at a low price, when you can't actually use your phone, the service is not worth it.

I think 5pm is the witching hour for WIND mobile. It just seems to be the time when their service sucks the most. That said, it's 2:30 pm on a Friday here in downtown Toronto and I have to dial a number 3-5 times before the call actually goes through. More often than not - that be 50 -80% of the time I get "Call Failed".

I hate to leave a good 'deal' and I truly admire their no nonsense approach to billing in what is otherwise and oligopolistic market where the major encumbents really @#$% over Canadians with some of the world's highest telco charges, BUT - I use my phone for business. If I can't make and receive calls - no matter how cheap WIND's service is, it's not worth it.

Sorry WIND, your service just blows too much. Or should I say suck?

When you can figure out the basics, happy to reconsider and come back. But until I can make and receive calls reliably, your service is just too expensive from a lost business perspective, not to mention the mental frustration at dealing with this as an issue.

Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment