Monday, October 4, 2010

Fido - No Customer Service

This post was originally posted in a blog dedicated to why i f'ing can't stand fido, but I've since consolidated my angst towards Canadian telcos in this blog. Here is my previous post on Fido here:

OK, open caveat here, the issue could be the uber cool, but rarely performing up to hype iPhone, but, I haven't been getting txt messages for 36 hours.

So, what do you do when that happens to you?

Hmmmm, well, for me, I call *611 to call fido and let them know about the problem.

I call at 7:36am. I have only 4 options. Tech support is not one of them.
Boldly optimistic but sadly in vain, I hit 'O' hoping for a person, but alas, no. So then I start at the beginning, listen to all the options that have nothing to do with my problem, and try dive in to Fido's IVR to find a person. I end up in the 'changes to my account' stream. I think I'm getting some place. I get the now omnipresent and annoying 'due to a high call volume, callers may experience longer than normal call wait times'. Yah right. So I wait.

I then get something to the extent like, "We're sorry, our offices are closed. Please call back between 8am and 8pm, EST". Really? Really fido, you couldn't have told me that at the beginning? And still, no freakin ability to find out how to fix the text message problem. Why fido, why????? I like that your rate plans are relatively simple compared to the competition, I like that your rate plans are somewhat cheaper than the competition, but do you have to spoil that goodwill with completing non-function, inaccessible support? You take a good thing and screw it up.

I do send my frustrating rants to Fido, but they're filtered in the customer service department, i.e., our English is bad, we make less than $30K a year, I can't wait to get another job..... that department. So basically, you get form response thanking you for your business. How about leadership?

How about the head marketing or the CEO actually giving a damn. Learning about what's really going on. Trying to fix it. What a waste of a brand.

Fido, you're in the dog house again!

No comments:

Post a Comment